- Web-based access for files
- Explorer-like tree control
- Ability to filter files by type
- Automatically detect changes
- Easy to install
- ASP and PHP versions
- Reliable, mature product
- More than 1,000 copies sold!
Share Your Files
Do you need to share files with clients, colleagues, or friends? Web File Browser allows you to make your files available, without end users having to deal with FTP. You simply place the files on your Web server or hosting account, and end users can use an intuitive "browse" interface to see or get the files.
Web Archive Area
Do you want to set up an archive area for your Web site? Maybe you have old newsletters or photographs? Web File Browser provides a low-maintenance way to add an archive area to your Web site! Once set up, all you need do is copy the files into the "archive directory" and they will be available to your Web visitors.
Browse Your Files
Is managing files on your FTP area or Web hosting account a hassle? To clean up files, you must start an FTP session, copy the files to your computer, open the files, then go back to the FTP session to delete them. Why not set up Web File Browser to "browse" these FTP or Web hosting account files?
Web File Browser product features:
- Provides Web-based access to files and directories.
- Shows folders and files in a tree applet that is collapsible, dynamic, configurable, fast, and 100% client-side.
- Uses a different icon for each file type. Comes with the following icons:
- Set the path (that has the appropriate read permissions) and Web File Browser will recursively read the names of directories and files in that path.
- Configure the file types that you want to include in the tree, and filter out the ones you don't.
- Optionally exclude system-related IIS virtual directories (that is, the directories that start with an underscore).
- Automatically detects changes in the files or directories, without intervention. Thus, the next time the tree is loaded by a new user, or reloaded by the same user, it will automatically show the new structure.
- Works with local drives, mounted drives, or network shares.
- Code is compact, with comments, and nothing is encrypted.
- Installs easily in your server or your Web hosting account.
- Because you receive the source code, this is highly-configurable should you need to tailor it to your needs.
- Includes the free version of the TreeView code, whose features include the ability to highlight the last chosen node, to optionally wrap long file names wrap onto multiple lines, and to preserve the state of the tree across reloads. For more information about TreeView, see the TreeView Web site.
- Available in ASP and PHP versions.